Friday, June 8, 2007

Thank you to Artist Oasis


This is a card I made today with a stamp I just got at Artist Oasis. I am making it for them as a thank you card. They are wonderful people (Marsha and Renee) and are talented,gracious and generous. They sent a customer appreciation discount and a birthday gift card to me, I went in and they let me use both at the same time! So I got a couple of stamps and the paper trimmer I have been wanting for a long time. I have been a customer for several years at several stores in the area and none of them have ever sent gift cards or anything! I am so thrilled with my things! I can't say enough good things about them and the store, it has not only stamping supplies but real artist supplies, scrapbooking supplies and wonderful classes and get-togethers. I wish all of you could go to this store! I hope it does well for years and years to come. It is a shame when our local scrapbook stores go out of business, we have had three of them go in the last year and a half. I know it is so hard to compete with AC Moore and Michaels and such with the prices and coupons they have but the local ones give so much more back to us in the way of help, classes, time and genuine customer service. OK I have gone on enough!

The card is made with:
marigold morning card stock stamped with the canvas stamp in marigold ink
buckaroo blue card stock
pumpkin pie card stock embossed with Cuttlebug folder and paper pierced
flower stamp colored with water color wonder crayons in various blues and violet and used stickles here and there on it
dragonfly eyelet
Cuttlebug die cut tag on marigold with waxed linen to hold it to a grosgrain blue ribbon
All edges sponged with marigold

6 comments:

  1. Even tho you used Blue.. its still fantastic..
    Even better its for such a amazing place. what a treasure you have there. I hope they stay for years for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that stamp and the card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. This was my first time visiting your blog - I'll be back :)

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Mindi, you caught me, blue! Thanks :) Thanks all of you - I am thrilled you like it! Hopefully they will as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful card!! Another cool stamp! And I also hope Artist Oasis is around a long time for you. What a great name for that kind of store. Sounds like a true oasis to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card...sounds like a win/win situation you have there...lucky them lucky you! Like always, I love the colours you used!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, I appreciate your comments!