Thursday, December 6, 2007

Inspired


by Tim Holtz and his 12 tags of Christmas. However, not liking mine. I don't have even half of the products he used on the tags he is making but I tried to make do with what I have and well, the results are not stunning. I used his new product though that I love - grunge board. It is like chipboard that is very flexible and you can paint, ink, emboss etc. anything to it and it doesn't rip or wrinkle. I used the leftover piece (the negative if you will) after I took out the swirl piece and used it as a stencil with blue distress ink. I then misted it with water and let the ink spread on the tag to make it all blue (even though it appears as white in this image). I also used one of the grunge board swirls and embossed it with the Cuttlebug and used the blue and vintage photo distress inks on it. I stamped the tree with black ink and painted on Stickles to give it a green and gold look. The Merry Christmas is heat embossed with copper E.P. and I used the Cropadile to put on that giant eyelet. I didn't have a star so I took some gold wire and bent it into a star shape. Had to adhere that with Diamond Glaze. I distressed the edges and inked them in the vintage photo ink. Ok so see how many products I used and own and yet I didn't have near what he is using! Some days I just want to give this craft up because as much money as I have spent I do not have enough. LOL! crazy, huh? Anyway here is his example and check back on his blog daily, today he is on day 6 but you can go back to the first days and see his others Tim Holtz Day 6. No comparison,huh? Well I suppose with practice it will get better.



This image is a Birthday card I had to make in like 2 minutes so I grabbed the catalog and copied a card. The image is not the one in the catalog and the colors aren't the same but the layout is. Love how simple yet great the SU catalog cards are. I have not done any other crafts this week, been out and about - you know it's that time of year! Oh got to mention this, it was cold today, for us - about 40 but in a couple of days it is going to be 75! Sat. 65, Sun. 70 and 75 Monday. Can you imagine? Hot, cold, hot, cold - all Fall has been like that! Weird weather once again.

By the way, the stamps on these are Stampin Up!

6 comments:

  1. To be honest I like your tag better than the day 6 tag he has shown there :) That's just my opinion. I'm not being biased just because I know you either :) I really and truly like yours better :) Ok back to packing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tabby! You are so sweet to say that, I guess it is hard for me when I see a "pro's" work! Packing?! Did you get the deal for the house?! I hope so! What a Merry Christmas! YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very welcome! Understandable :) We won't know if the banks say yes till this coming week or the next week, but our realtor and the lenders don't see a problem. So our tentative date to move in if everything goes well is January 17th if not before. So we are acting as if we already have the house since everyone seems to think there won't be a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great tag and card! You do awesome work.

    Take care, Lori.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. tag is cute! but a two-min card? omg. yer slaying me! LOL

    Donna

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, I appreciate your comments!