Sunday, October 31, 2010
This card was made using Basic Grey's Wassail paper, still one of my all time favorites. The stamp is Christmas Cardinal, the older of the two cardinal sets Stampin Up came out with in the last few years. The nestabilities frame (cut from two different dies) is on pop dots, the image is colored with chalks or "pastels". I made a mistake though, I used a sponge that apparently had black left on it and I was trying to sponge crumb cake around the cardinal to give it an old paper sort of look and the black came off and ended up making it look more like soot! Other than that I am really happy with this card. I came up with gathering the ribbon width in some because it was too wide and covered my cardinal and it made such a nice look! I think the ribbon is 1 1/4 inches wide. Anyway I taped it down on the back to scrunch it up some. The branches on the bow are sprayed with gold mist which is sparkly and I just couldnt get a good picture to show it. I splurged this time and used a whole bunch of gold beads along the trim on the bottom. Not sure how I am going to get this one in an envelope though! As always, thanks for looking!