Monday, March 7, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Card


Isn't this a perfect St. Patrick's Day card?! The heart punch I have is well actually a die for my Cuttlebug but anyway it is an uneven shaped heart, not the perfect symmetrical heart shape so I put the shamrock on an angle and I think it works quite well. I looked up shamrocks and they are not 4 leaf clovers! Different things, a shamrock has 3 leaves not to be mistaken with a "good luck" four leaf clover. They have been getting blended together over time I think because you see a lot of 4 leaf clovers for St. Patrick's Day. So anyway I am not sure it really matters but I needed to know what to do to make this card :) I used my new lattice border punch and a nice Cuttlebug embossing folder that seemed sort of "Irish" looking and am real happy with the results. Inside is the sentiment "Happy St. Patrick's Day". Hope this gives you an idea for yourself!

1 comment:

  1. I am getting the cards in the mail today :) I Love these shamrock cards! And thank you for the lesson on shamrocks, 4 leaf clovers, St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, I appreciate your comments!