Friday, January 20, 2012

Masculine Card



So I decided to show the masculine card next. This one is not quite clean and simple, is it now? It is one of the other of my favorites of this group of cards though. Except the words, this is all one stamp set (Stampin Up). I stamped the background with the ledger stamp in the set, it is smaller so I had to stamp 4 times to fill the paper but it lines up super easy and lends itself to repeated stamping. The compass images are stamped and punched with a circle punch, the ship once again stamped in night of navy on white card stock and then everything was distress sponged on the edges with crumb cake ink. I did add some crumb cake on more areas to give it an old look. The twine just seemed to be the right thing to use with the nautical theme.

I don't know if you can tell and now that I mention it you will be able to tell but I got a new paper trimmer and am having a heck of a time getting straight edges with it! I had to re-cut and fuss with the background piece and it still isn't straight but I did what I could and adhered it. I don't know if I am going to like this trimmer! It's just that the arm type cutter is too big for me to use at the table with me and I don't want to get up and down 50 times to use it (Ok I exaggerate a tad) and this is a rolling blade type trimmer and it just goes curvy or at an angle as it goes down. I try really hard to hold my hand steady and use the same amount of pressure but it still messes up. If I could return it I would but Archivers told me once I open it I can't return it. I am now starting at the bottom and going up to cut the paper and it seems to be better, I have my fingers crossed I will get the hang of it. I don't want to waste the money! OK enough blabbering :) Only a few more to go in this series, thanks for looking!


1 comment:

  1. This looks like a hard card to make. You did a good job of burning the bottom.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, I appreciate your comments!