Saturday, January 7, 2012

Penny Black Stamp - Good Friends Card



These pictures were taken with my iPhone. I am still experimenting with getting the lighting right for my cards. These are actually as good as my regular camera and one is actually white for the white card stock background! Which is better the warmer picture or the one with the whiter background? Anyway this is one of my favorite stamps although I haven't used it yet! One card making blogger asked what our new years "craft" resolution was and I decided to ink up and make cards out of every stamp I haven't used yet. I don't have that many but I do have some and I just don't feel right about having not used them yet. Interestingly enough most people said organize their stuff. I do that about every week! It gets into chaos real quick with me :)

I used water color to color the image. It's my favorite method, cant you tell?! I used markers on the Penny Black stamp a few posts ago but its just to heavy and dark to me when I use them. I know lots of people love their Copics but well hey I love my watercolors. I used Spellbinders dies and a Stampin Up edge punch. Those cute bigger brads are Stampin Up too, aren't they perfect for this?! I used Stickles (my second favorite thing to use) on all of the hearts. It just makes it so pretty! The paper is Twitterpated by SU, love this set as you can tell. Here is a close-up to see the sparkle.




2 comments:

I would love to hear from you, I appreciate your comments!