Friday, October 24, 2008

Treasure Box

Here it is!












This little altoid tin is not so impressive on the computer screen to me, but in person I am loving it! The other day one of my friends emailed me with this tutorial and asked if I could help her make some of these. I thought it was awesome! So I had to make one myself to see what I was doing before she came over so I could figure out the short-cuts and mistakes I would make. So this is my trial run but it really came out nice. This took me 4 hours to make but that included looking up the Bible verses and pasting them into a document and printing them out. I used Stampin' Up Afternoon Tea designer paper, bayou blue card stock and ink, wild wasabi card stock and soft sky ribbon. The brads and charms I had in my supplies. The tutorial shows making a "F" for friend one, she used a few pictures of the friend and some verses about friendship. You could make one for most anything. For a baby, a spouse, a mother, my favorite things, etc. Many uses! Mine is some of my favorite Bible verses. Now that was hard, picking only 10! I was trying to go with the 'treasure' theme, what verses I treasure.

I plan on making several different kinds to give away as gifts for Christmas. It's funny, I have made several different things with this tin (one was an 'emergency' kit of chocolates!) but just never did this before. I have made other accordion scrapbook type things - funny how things just hit you right at one given time. Watch the tutorial to see how it's done, it is easy if you have made things like this before. Reminds me slightly of the Jacob's Ladder I did a while back but a lot easier. The link goes to step 6 but if you look below all the video segments are there and you can start it at 1 on your own. If you make one let me know, I would love to see it! Just post a comment here when you finish. I might just have to do a blog giveaway if you do :)

4 comments:

  1. I am lovin' it!! That is such a great job you did on it! Are you sure you haven't made one of these before? Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That was a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow is right! This is fabulous, love that you filled it with Bible verses. What a great way to memorize some of our favorites or most needed verses. I have lots of those tins too. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, it was a work of heart :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, I appreciate your comments!