Friday, September 14, 2007

Cards for the Week




OK here is what I have done this week. I haven't been real creative, I am looking around and I only have made three cards. The one with the pumpkin is from the sketch challenge and I came up with the colors and stamps on my own. Amazing - actually the color idea came from a piece of scrapbook paper by Cosmo Cricket I had laying on my desk. OH and I had the wasabi on my desk too or I might have picked old olive. I had to hunt down the right shade of purple and the vintage violet from last year's in-colors worked great. That is the first time I have used that color! Then the marigold morning went perfect with it, that one I actually bought extra of since it is perfect for sunflowers. The final color was that cinnamony orange (not rust) which I used on the pumpkin. Let me back up, I watercolored the pumpkin with marigold and it just was boring looking so I got out my twinkling h20's and used ginger peach. Now that is a pretty color! It is nice and shimmery in person.

The teal/pomegranite/artichoke one is, of course, the color challenge this week. I used the sketch from Captain Crafter's blog- cool sketch. I watercolored this one too and well once again didn't like the results so I used a white gel pen on it and then some stickles and then watercolor crayon again but no water and now I like it. The designer paper in the background is from Valentine's. SU last Winter's mini. I used a silver gel pen to accent it also. Weird color combo but it works and it is great for Christmas!

The last one is a CASE, the layout and the colors are totally CASEd but the stamping is all mine. Seeing I am not liking the water color thing I decided to use chalks, my favorite. So this is done with chalks. I even used versamark on the sanded background that is on the guava and then chalked over that. It actually helped it show up much better. So that is it, my pitiful week. I have been feeling yucky all week so not motivated. I am feeling better right now so maybe I should take advantage and get to stamping!

4 comments:

  1. More great cards!!! I especially like then first one. Love the pumpkin!!

    I am glad you are feeling better. Don't over do it, wouldn't want whatever to come back.

    Take care, Lori.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long did it take you to make these cards? They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cheryl! I am feeling odd still. Not sure what's up. Jan I think I did most of these in around an hour each. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. An hour each? My gawd woman, it takes me an hour to pick a colour! LOL BTW, the colour combos are so striking in all these cards---GREAT WORK once again!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, I appreciate your comments!