Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Scrappin' Thanksgiving


I never really know what to do about scrapbooking Thanksgiving. It is a hard event to take pictures of and journal about. I cook it every year as it is my favorite holiday to cook. My nephew and his wife and son used to come down from CT. every year for it but it is a tough time for them to come now with work and weather and traffic! Now that my in-laws live in this state they come over which also means we get to enjoy my mother-in-law's cornbread stuffing. She makes the best, bar-none, in the world! But really other than the huge mess to clean up - there isn't any other pictures or comments. We sit down and eat a yummy meal, eat too much dessert and feel miserable and that's about it. We look forward to that every year! So this is my scrapbook page on it. I tried this year to take pictures that convey the food aspect. Oh and by the way, the reason it is at the kitchen table - the dining room is my scraproom! LOL! Doesn't matter to us, to use a dining room once a year is a big waste of space in my opinion. Especially since I have so much stuff...

Tomorrow I will post a card or two. In case y'all are missing them ;)

5 comments:

  1. That looks great! Makes me want to have Thanksgiving dinner now, the way you talk about it...hmm..we have turkey in the freezer...and I have some pumpkin for pumpkin pie..and cranberry sauce..we will see how this shakes out!

    Don't forget to check out my blog once in a while.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo did you update your blog? Heading right over to it! Happy Birthday by the way! I sent a card but it might be late. I think I tried to mail it Sat. and missed the mailman so it probably didn't get out on time. Thanks about the page - did you have T-giving type dinner? Why not?! Yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure when we will have that dinner but it is in the near future (like in the next 2 or 3 weeks).

    Thank you so much for the beautiful card!! I sent you an E-Mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY!!! food and papers!!! : )

    Pretty layout Lori...

    Donna

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, I appreciate your comments!