Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge


Over on technostamper, even if I did do it Tuesday :) This is a nice sketch! I already had the scallop edge square and I just hunted down the perfect piece of Basic Grey paper for the background. Perfect as in the mood I was in today. I decided to ink all the edges, haven't done that in a while! I was trying to figure out a way to get the little birds colored in white, short of embossing, and had one of those chalk ink cats eyes - worked great. I love it because you don't have to heat set it or wait hours for it to dry like the SU craft ink. There is a little white bird on the paper in the upper left hand corner by the way, that is what I was trying to match. Then with all the floral/paisley background I decided to just do a sentiment instead of an image. That's all for today!

7 comments:

  1. I like those little birds on the bottom of the card, reminds me of the sandpipers while we were shelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those birds are adorable on the bottom. What a great card! I love those papers! Fun! Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. terrific card! cool paper! great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, I appreciate your comments!