Thursday, October 16, 2008

Upsy Daisy Stamp set



This set has been used so much on Splitcoast! It was on sale this last month so I got it for my hostess club spot. Here are two cards with it, it is great as a silhouette (stamped in black or brown) with a sunset or a moon or something similar. I just got my re-inkers of the new InColors, I already had some blank stamp pads (1 inch spot size) and just filled them up with ink and now I have the new InColors in spots :) So glad someone mentioned that on their blog so I can do it now too! I don't buy the big pads, I don't like the size and I don't like spending that much money (there are 6 colors each year). Anyway I way over-inked them and the first picture here is the first one I stamped. It was so thick when I stamped it made veins on the flowers that look real! So I kept the image and used it. So if you ever want a really saturated even goopy look, now you know to over saturate your stamp pad. Also, this is the sketch challenge for the week, very cool to make. A bit of a challenge finding a 4 1/2 inch circle to make the outer circle though! The Nestabilities aren't that big, the Giga punches aren't that big either so I used my Creative Memories circle cutting system. I don't know why I don't use it more often!




This one is using the rock and roll technique. You stamp in one color and then you roll the ink pad along the edges to add another color. If you don't want the ink pad to get contaminated, wipe some of the ink off the edge of the stamp before you color the edge. You could also use markers to do this. Well that is all for today, I have made more, this week is a prolific week for me! Check back tomorrow :) Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

I would love to hear from you, I appreciate your comments!