Thursday, February 5, 2009

Heart Shaped Card


I am making some changes to the look of my blog. It's time for a new look! I have a friend who might be working on something else for me so it may change again - yes, it's still me! I need a nice Title design too so if you know of someone who would like to make one, let me know! I made one a long time ago and it wasn't pretty and I am not looking forward to attempting another one :)

Now about the card! This is one more card for my church Friday night, so the basic look of the card is simple (no flowers or brads etc.) I cut out the heart shape using the Creative Memories Cutting System. I had the big and small hearts from when I was a consultant and thought it would be fun to make a shaped card. To make it you make fold the card base in half then simply take the cutting template and put it above the fold on the card and make the cut. If you line it up right it leaves just enough of the fold to be able to work. I used the biggest width (blue blade) for the card and then the next width blade (green) for the rose card stock and then the smallest (red blade) for the striped paper. I have done it before with the Nestabilities dies and I know others have done it with the new Stampin' Up dies so if you want a shaped card, give it a try!

5 comments:

  1. I think you should have a chihuahua dog somewhere on your blog, maybe in the background. Those puppies are soooooooo you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great new background and new sig, too! I'm still trying to figure out how to inclue the sig and how to jazz up my blog title, too.
    Fun shaped cards -- I've always meant to try that; it's not like I don't have enough Nesties to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should Jan LOL!

    Thanks so much Jessica, cutest blog on the block sure helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome background! She did a fantastic job! Lighthouses are my favorites, though we don't have them in Tennessee! You have a great blog - I just recently discovered it and subscribed so I'll not miss any of your artistic work! Thanks for sharing.
    nelda mc765 @ charter .net
    Nelda Deakins

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, I appreciate your comments!