Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Torncano


My 5 year old is OBSESSED with Volcanos and Tornados. He draws both of them daily but usually he draws one or the other on the paper or dry erase board. However this time - he drew a Torncano! Yes, you read it right a tornado and volcano mixed together as one. The ultimate of his obsession. He is so proud of this. I think it is quite creative myself :) Most kids bring home their classwork each week, you know in Kindergarten they might write letters or numbers or have a piece of paper with things to count but mine, bless his heart, comes home with 7 or 8 pictures of volcanos. I sure hope he can get a job with this some day because he isn't accomplishing much else LOL! I am not worried though, he knows more than anyone I know about them so if he can understand magma chambers and the definitions of Pelean, Plinian, Vulcanian, Pyroclastic, lava tubes, etc. and spews these words out of his mouth like they are normal vocabulary then he can obviously learn! Kids, they are all "different"!

Sorry, no cards today, no time to do one.

8 comments:

  1. That's how Luke is with anything having to do with space. Now that he reads he checks books out about it and is so excited about what he is learning. He will ask questions I don't know the answer to and say things like ___ (of course I don't remember the name of the planet now) is made up of gas, wouldn't it be hard to land on it if all it is is gas? I am learning from him.

    That is great that you got a picture of JP's masterpiece. He is a cutie! He is creative like his Mommy. I love it, Torncano!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cool! Sounds like Luke is a smart kid! What a great subject! It is fun to learn these things, and thanks, I tend to think he's cute too LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Ok, I hope you plan on scrapbooking this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely Karin! LOL! Got to think about this one though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Love it, love it, love it! And I love the fact that you are tottally 100%ok with it and in full support of what he is facinated by! I am a in home care giver and have helped raise more then 30 children. I have "worked" for every imaginable parent type out there. I had a child who was into building. Every day for hours that is what he would do. Build with whatever he saw laying around in the play room. He built, at 5, beyond any 8,12 or 16 year old I have ever seen. His stuff blew me away on a regular basis. They were some of my most treasured moments. He too had parents who saw something at an early age and let him go with it. I look forward to watching "my little guy" grow into what these years have been training him to grow into. Good job Mom! And great picture son!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you SO much Teresa! What a wonderful affirmation I am doing the right thing. How neat you have cared for so many children, I bet they were (and are) thrilled to have you! I wonder what that little man is going to do someday?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative indeed...and very kewl too. Or would that be HOT because of the volcano part of the Torncano? I dunno...guess you'll have to ask JP because he certainly knows more about these things than I ever will! : )

    Great work JP! Love the picture...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, I appreciate your comments!