Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!



I just want to say to all of the mothers reading this a quick Happy Mother's Day! I hope that you have a nice day! I am starting my day the way I like it. Coffee on my screened in porch :) Our new house doesn't have a screened in porch but it will have a sunroom and I am going to get a comfortable chair to have my coffee in.

Here is a card I cased to make for Mother's Day. I started with the background being the same but changed the rest of it. It kind of morphed as I made it and I am very happy with the results. I just felt like the butterfly was a nice addition :) You can't tell from the picture but I made a second set of wings and put them up on pop-dots to make the butterfly two layers and dimensional.

We are taking my mother-in-law to a country restaurant, yes it is a restaurant in the country and it is only open certain times. All it serves is country food like fried okra, fried squash, pickled watermelon rind, collard greens, biscuits, pulled pork, etc. one HUGE buffet full of everything that could possibly clog your arteries. I think going here once a year is about the most a body can handle! The food is awesome, to die for (ok not literally!) and can you believe it is all-you-can-eat? It is all home cooking and it tastes like it. A rare find. My husband is in heaven - it is what he grew up on and loves the fried squash. I cringe at most of it - I grew up on nothing fried or cooked in fat (real lard - crisco!) (other than french fries at McDonald's) so I have to get over that and just enjoy the food because it really does taste good. Anyway she loves this food as it is what she grew up with and this place does it right.

Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

  1. I love it!! You did an awesome job on this card, very beautiful!

    Hope your Mother's Day was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card it great! But, after reading your blog about all the fried food - we must find fried pickles along the Outer Banks! I was just telling Mike about them last night while watching a show on the Food Channel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Cheryl! It was nice, I hope your was great too!

    OH! Jan! Guess who has fried pickles here? Mimi's Cafe! Woo Hoo! I cant believe I forgot to tell you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Card! Love all the colour and layering and textures...you gone done good! ; )

    Donna

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, I appreciate your comments!