Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

No card today, I have my family from out of state here and we have been spending lots of time together. It is early in the morning and I am starting the cooking for Thanksgiving dinner. I have my husband's family coming over today also and my mother-in-law is bringing her Southern style dressing, pecan pie and a cake of some sorts and she is an awesome cook. So her goodies are a big help and we will have a complete table of traditional fares from both sides of the family :)

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It to me is more about family than any other. It is the one holiday I have always cooked at my house, I have it down to an art now! I just wanted to take a moment before today moves on too fast and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for so many things I can't even begin! God has blessed my family so much I want to acknowledge and give him glory for it. We are all healthy, happy, well fed, well clothed, roofs over our heads and we all have jobs. During this time in our country that is something to be very thankful for. I am thankful for all of my friends because that is what makes each day better. Friends keep me sane! I am thankful to all of you who come to my blog and check out my cards and read my little notes here. I hope that each one of you has a great day and I am sure you will take a moment to ponder on what you are thankful for, it sure lifts the spirit! God bless you!

Lori

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you Lori!! Sounds like you will have a wonderful time with family. I appreciate your post. I will be going to my mother-in-law's. I love my in-laws but so miss my family during this time of the year.

    Don't eat too much! Wait, it's Thanksgiving, strike that.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Thank you for the beautiful e-card. Don't forget to send the pictures of your dinner :) Say "Hi" to Ronnie and his family.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, I appreciate your comments!