Friday, November 21, 2008

My First Edwin


I was trying to follow two challenges, the weekly SCS sketch challenge and a color challenge on a blog I saw while blurfing (yes blurfing - blog surfing). The colors for the challenge are eggplant, saffron, pumpkin, white and cocoa. The colors could be really good together if I had a different subject I think. I just wanted to use my new Edwin! I received the Winter Stamp Club from Magnolia and it has some really adorable Tilda's and Edwin's and I just wanted to ink my new rubber LOL! So this is it, not my best work but it is kind of cute because Edwin is so cute :)

The cake is stamped with white embossing powder (there is my white!) on saffron card stock (there is my saffron, well it was) but it didn't look good so I colored it in with pumpkin but left a little saffron. I used Stickles glitter glue on the flames from the candles. I used more of those chipboard flourishes, painted them in Lake and then swiped pumpkin and eggplant on them. I didn't saturate them because I thought they looked good with the faded or distressed look.

OH! I stamped Edwin on kraft cardstock and used water color crayons to color him in (I do have white!) and I really like how it looks. I think it looks better than stamping on white! I am going to try that again. I have a cute Christmas card for next time :)

Lori

1 comment:

  1. OK, he looks like he should be blowing a bubble, too. Must be not being able to see his mouth that makes me think that. I thought that about Tilda, too.

    These are such fun cards! Another great job by you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, I appreciate your comments!