Monday, February 16, 2009

Color and Sketch Challenge


Well this card certainly doesn't match my new blog colors! Oh well :) It is perfect plum, pink pirouette and kiwi kiss for the color challenge CC205 on Splitcoast. The sketch is from the week before also on Splitcoast - SC214. I had this cute little hedgehog stamp all colored in to match this and it just looked boring. So what to do, I went through a pile of stamps sitting nearby (nooo my desk isn't messy) and these butterflies were sitting there. Got them out, stamped the appropriate colors, cut them out and here we are! I had to liven them up a bit so I put some Stickles glitter glue on their wings, and then I had to find a place for the kiwi color. So got out the punch and on went the branches. Now for the sentiment - I had this long vertical area and thought - well what else but ribbon! So on went the ribbon and then I die cut the tag etc. I am happy with it.

I was reading someone elses blog where she put stampers in categories, the one who only ever cases and never does her own work, the one who puts every embellishment on the planet on her card and everyone wonders how to get it into an envelope and mail it, the one who stamps crooked, puts the layers on crooked etc. and the one who does clean and simple (which to me is the Stampin Up catalog). So her goal was trying to be clean and simple. Now for me I case, I sometimes put on a lot of embellishments, I sometimes do clean and simple, I sometimes (LIKE TODAY) make my own up and sometimes I stamp crooked LOL! So there you have it, no category for me!

3 comments:

  1. Who wants to be put in a category anyway? You just do your own thing and it's beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous background, header and sig line! Love the card, too -- your punches work so well together to form a beautiful 3-D effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's true Cheryl, I did see her point though LOL! Thank you for such a sweet compliment :)

    Thanks Jessica! Mindi is one talented gal, she is so creative I wish I had an ounce of her talent! Thanks about the card too - it just worked out one of those mojo moments LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, I appreciate your comments!