Thursday, October 15, 2009

Magnolia Swap Card Kit



I just love this paper! I received this kit from round 3 of the Magnolia Kit swap. This one was put together by Deb :) When I saw the pumpkins in the paper I just had to use my Tilda with pumpkin image! The kit has the most adorable vampire stamp though, it is a Hanglar & Stanglar image and I used it immediately after this card. It came out adorable and I will post it next.

Back to this card! So I am trying to use the paper without covering it up too much and last week's sketch challenge on splitcoast worked real well for this. The ribbon is perfect too! I had the pumpkin button and cut the shank off plus I stamped the pumpkin on the lower left side from my friend Yvonne's wonderful collection. I colored everything with SU markers and then outlined the pumpkins with Smooch Ink in the color "pumpkin". That stuff is so sparkly, love it! The sentiment is also from Yvonne - I stamped it then used the Spellbinders fancy tag but I cut the swirly ends off as they didn't seem to work with the style of this card. So there we have it! I will post vampire card tomorrow. Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. Ooo...I love what you did with the paper! The image threw me for a minute. Can't wait to see what you do with the mini vampire! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori!! What a darling card!!! The papers are lovely and all of the details you have used are soooooooo darling!!! Little Tilda is colored beautifully!! Great job...hugs..Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela (SCS monkeymama)October 16, 2009 at 10:57 AM

    This turned out terrific! That is awesome paper and you put everything together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! The fence is perfect behind Tilda. Your coloring looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori what a darling card I love her brown shoes!!! Perfect!

    Lena
    SCS tackertwosome

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a sweet card, Lori! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card, Lori, and I'm so impressed that you are actually using the kits instead of hoarding them (like me!). You are inspiring me to dust off my kits, too!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, I appreciate your comments!