Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tilda and her Christmas Bell


This stamp came in last year's Winter Kit that you pre-order without having a clue what is in the kit! So sometimes you get gems like this one and sometimes you get things that may not be your style but that's ok. I have seen a lot of cards using this one this year! The layout and the background trees are from a card made by Nikki Fairbairn. She used different stamps but I just loved the trees like this! I made my ribbon curvy like a snowy hill and I think hers is straight, that was just a lucky fall of the ribbon on my part. I used the "debossed" side of the burgundy paper because the Cuttlebug embossing folder kind of cut through it and made the white inside of the paper show and I thought that looked perfect for the distressed look. The edges of the paper and the trees were distressed with the tool (razor blade). The snowflakes are layered and Stickles glitter was put in a few places plus I used a felt flower and a button sort of like her card :) Trying to branch out here! I really like Tilda though, I am very happy with how she turned out :) The card is 5.5 inches square. I made two cards completely on my own today I am going to post next - I don't know what got into me LOL! Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Hey Lori! LOVE your sweet Tilda card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, Lori! You did Nikki proud! Tilda looks awesome and love those trees! Great card! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Lori! LOve that Tilda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori!!! That is absolutely darling...love those colors and I know Nikki will love your changes too!!! Beautiful job, sweetie!!! Hugs..Jacqie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card! Love it!! Hugs, Christina C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card!
    Really cute image too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great texture & distressing on this card. Love the layout which made Tilda even sweeter!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful Tilda and your color combo makes her so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lori!
    I love your Christmas Tilda. Your card is so nice and bright. I love those trees.
    Hugs Marion

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, I appreciate your comments!